After it came to light that there has been a complaint made to Bury Council Licensing Department about us being open during the ‘lockdown’, we want to make clear the following points to reassure those that still may have concerns!
- At all times whilst the VIRTUAL pub is open, social distancing guidelines are always enforced, with an average distance of 2 MILES!
- All drinks consumed by patrons are provided by themselves with minimal contact from bar staff, apart from being asked to show what said patrons are drinking as their ‘tipple’ of choice.
- Although we endeavor to keep all toilets clean and free risk of cross contamination, we cant unfortunately avoid husbands and boyfriends continually managing to p*ss on their own bathroom floor.
- Conspiracy theorists and tin foil hat wearing punters are not entertained within the confines of the VIRTUAL pub, especially those who insist that the erection of 5G masts are anything to do with the virus being spread………WE ALL KNOW IT WAS A LABORATORY ENGINEERED VIRUS RELEASED BY THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT!! (allegedly……a word often used for legal reasons!)
- Please note although we have the blessing from the people who created, built and those who now run our great establishment, this isn’t an official service run by them. Its just bored locals and welcome guests trying to keep the spirit of the Brewery alive during these surreal times by keeping people in touch. It’s especially important for those that live alone and need the social interaction and those that miss have the p*ss taken out of themselves!
- Please note: THIS IS A VIRTUAL PUB!
- Please note: THIS IS NOT A REAL PUB!
- Please note: THIS IS ALLOWED DURING TIMES LIKE THIS…….UNLESS OF COURSE WE SLIP INTO A COMMUNIST STYLE GOVERNMENT , WHERE I FEEL WE MAY BE ON BORROWED TIME!
- Please note: WE ARE NOT GOING TO SLIP INTO A COMMUNIST STYLE GOVERNMENT, THAT COMMENT WAS JUST FOR FLIPPANT PURPOSES ONLY!
- And most importantly in times like this, we all know the lunatics take over the asylum, its the only way we stay sane!
So please STAY HOME, PROTECT THE NHS, SAVE LIVES and VISIT THE IRWELL WORKS BREWERY VIRTUAL PUB (its not a real pub!).
PS……..IT’S NOT A REAL PUB!
PPS…in the famous words of Brian Brown in Cocktail……..’BARS OPEN!’…..the virtual bar that is, as this isn’t a real pub!
We will be opening the pub from 7pm tonight, until around 9pm or later if people want to stay and have a drink with us.
PLEASE NOTE…..THIS IS NOT A REAL PUB…..IT IS A VIRTUAL PUB!
Definition……..not physically existing as such but made by software to appear to do so.”virtual images”
Pub is opening 19:30 till 21:00 Friday evening, come join us!
I’m looking into a different video conferencing platform based on the experience this week. Zoom doesn’t offer the fluency or ability to split into smaller groups of friends as you would in a real pub situation.
If anybody has suggestions feel free to comment on this post. Video whisper looks the best option at present.
Ill keep you all posted!
Thanks to all of those of you who popped in tonight to chat, it gives me more feedback on things i need to refine to make it slicker.
Were open again Friday Night 7 till 9 to start the weekend!
Thanks to all of those that popped into the pub tonight, one suggestion put forward was a virtual nightclub next door to the pub.
The plan is to open it Friday and Saturday nights for an hour or two with guest DJs playing tuuunees, with all the interaction with fellow clubbers to create a kitchen party like no other!
Once Ive worked out how the hell to do it ill post the opening night, which is hopefully a week on Friday!
Dance shoes at the ready……..ALL WE ASK IS FOR YOU TO USE YOUR IMAGINATION!
Add a little more authenticity to your pub experience by adding a virtual background to your video.
Search for an image from the Internet, right click and ‘save as’, save it to your desktop and when you launch your Zoom app there is an option to add virtual background in your video settings.
Come join us again tomorrow night for a chat, i’m spending tonight adding a message board to help people stay on touch through these difficult times with anything worth chatting about when the pub is closed.
Unlike the Brewery Tap itself which is usually closed on a Monday, we’re opening for an hour for those of you that would like to come and chat or just say hello.
Just follow the link for today’s date in the posts below, download the ZOOM app (links for Android and IPhone on the website) and REMEMBER TO ENABLE YOUR CAMERA AND AUDIO AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CHAT SCREEN TO BE SEEN AND HEARD.