Link for next couple of weeks 2/5/20 onwards below
After it came to light that there has been a complaint made to Bury Council Licensing Department about us being open during the ‘lockdown’, we want to make clear the following points to reassure those that still may have concerns!
- At all times whilst the VIRTUAL pub is open, social distancing guidelines are always enforced, with an average distance of 2 MILES!
- All drinks consumed by patrons are provided by themselves with minimal contact from bar staff, apart from being asked to show what said patrons are drinking as their ‘tipple’ of choice.
- Although we endeavor to keep all toilets clean and free risk of cross contamination, we cant unfortunately avoid husbands and boyfriends continually managing to p*ss on their own bathroom floor.
- Conspiracy theorists and tin foil hat wearing punters are not entertained within the confines of the VIRTUAL pub, especially those who insist that the erection of 5G masts are anything to do with the virus being spread………WE ALL KNOW IT WAS A LABORATORY ENGINEERED VIRUS RELEASED BY THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT!! (allegedly……a word often used for legal reasons!)
- Please note although we have the blessing from the people who created, built and those who now run our great establishment, this isn’t an official service run by them. Its just bored locals and welcome guests trying to keep the spirit of the Brewery alive during these surreal times by keeping people in touch. It’s especially important for those that live alone and need the social interaction and those that miss have the p*ss taken out of themselves!
- Please note: THIS IS A VIRTUAL PUB!
- Please note: THIS IS NOT A REAL PUB!
- Please note: THIS IS ALLOWED DURING TIMES LIKE THIS…….UNLESS OF COURSE WE SLIP INTO A COMMUNIST STYLE GOVERNMENT , WHERE I FEEL WE MAY BE ON BORROWED TIME!
- Please note: WE ARE NOT GOING TO SLIP INTO A COMMUNIST STYLE GOVERNMENT, THAT COMMENT WAS JUST FOR FLIPPANT PURPOSES ONLY!
- And most importantly in times like this, we all know the lunatics take over the asylum, its the only way we stay sane!
So please STAY HOME, PROTECT THE NHS, SAVE LIVES and VISIT THE IRWELL WORKS BREWERY VIRTUAL PUB (its not a real pub!).
PS……..IT’S NOT A REAL PUB!
PPS…in the famous words of Brian Brown in Cocktail……..’BARS OPEN!’…..the virtual bar that is, as this isn’t a real pub!
Thanks to all of those of you who popped in tonight to chat, it gives me more feedback on things i need to refine to make it slicker.
Were open again Friday Night 7 till 9 to start the weekend!
Thanks to all of those that popped into the pub tonight, one suggestion put forward was a virtual nightclub next door to the pub.
The plan is to open it Friday and Saturday nights for an hour or two with guest DJs playing tuuunees, with all the interaction with fellow clubbers to create a kitchen party like no other!
Once Ive worked out how the hell to do it ill post the opening night, which is hopefully a week on Friday!
Dance shoes at the ready……..ALL WE ASK IS FOR YOU TO USE YOUR IMAGINATION!
No pub would be complete without a pub quiz, so that’s what were going to have!
We may be struggling to build a virtual pub and put together a quiz in a few days so starting from next Wednesday 1st April, we will be hosting our first pub quiz…..should give us time to work out the best way to structure it.
Also if anybody is interested in being our regular pub quiz host drop us a line and we can get you on board to help build up a regular well attended night of fun and banter.
Until then please drop by and pay us a visit during opening hours and remember……..
‘Self Isolation……..not Virus spreaderation!’ (I know its not a word, but these are extreme times requiring extreme words!)
Just because we’re confined to our own homes doesn’t mean the music has to stop.
From the opening of the Brewery tap nearly 10 years or so ago, we’ve been lucky to have great musicians play every Thursday and also had a very popular open mic night every two weeks o a Wednesday…..so why not now!
Anybody who would like to host a night of music please contact us and we’ll happily host a virtual gig for the pub goers to support.
We will post further details as we get an idea of who is happy to entertain you and keep the spirits up of the virtual locals.
If anybody’s interested please comment below with contact details and we will get in touch.